• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Young dragon, will not eat ANY insects

jenn2559

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am at my wit's end with my little baby. I've had him a little over 3 weeks. He ate pet store crix the first days until I ran out, then started him on one's I bought from a local crix company. He won't touch them. I've tried to put them in his viv; putting him in a small container with the crix. I've tried freeze dried meal worms and cut them so they were smaller. He will nibble on veggies, but will not eat any protein. Any tips and tricks to get him to eat better? He moves around fine, I keep him hydrated and viv is correct temp and humidity.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome. sorry 'bout your troubles. let's see --- why don't you go back to the store you got him from and buy some of THEIR crix? Also - sometimes these guys go through an adjustment period - one of our members called it "moving sickness" - it may take them a few weeks to settle in and get used to the new environment. can you share a pic of the viv? unusual for little guts to eat veggies - most of the time we have to BEG them to !! if he will eat veggies, smash up some crix and spread it on top of the greens. you can also make a protein puree. yup - just like it sounds. wouldn't be my #1 choice. ya also might want to consider a vet visit - he may have mouth sores or something else goin on. have you weighed him? I know others will offer some suggestions, also

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A friend of mine has a young beardie. He won't touch any insects. So I gave them a few dubia roaches from my colony to see if he'd eat them and he gobbled them right up. If you can get your hands on some roaches, it's worth a shot. They are a nutritionally superb insect for beardies of all ages.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts