• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Young Beardies Greens frequency

bearwolf

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have had my two young beardies for about a week now and have given them greens in their bowl most days but they rarely have more than a few bites then leave it I have given them some small pieces of strawberries that they loved and took straight from my hand but still didn't eat that much I have been feeding them crickets 2 or 3 times a day without issue and I know that its roughly 80% bugs 20% greens when they are young but they are eating very little greens and just didn't know if I should be concerned?

the greens they have had so far are:
Day 1 spinach (on the advice of a local pet shop when doing reading found spinach is bad due to it binding with calcium wont use that again) didn't eat any
Day 2 they had some shredded carrot and some chunks of cucumber peeled
Day 3 they had some sliced small strawberries and broccoli without the stems
Day 4 they had some cucumber peeled with diced cabbage
Day 5 they had some celery sliced into small chunks and some apple peeled
Day 6 No veg
Day 7 tried them with some strawberries from hand and in bowl but they weren't interested

If anyone could give me some advice of frequency of feeding greens and how often I can give them strawberries, apples etc and I have some pineapple I want to try them with

from what I have read so far I am fairly confident I can provide them with a nice balanced diet but am just after some advice from you guys who have oodles more experience with them :D

Look forward to hearing from you all

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Here is a list of foods that are good to feed your beardies http://greathousefarm.com/Greathouse-Reptile-Nutrition-List.pdf. Cabbage can be fed occasionally and broccoli isn't real good. Fruits are high in sugar so should be used as a treat food. Real good things to feed would be like collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, dandelion greens, butternut squash is real good. Don't worry about them not eating a lot of their salad though, eventually they may come around and eat it. I say may because I have a 2 1/2 year old that rarely eats her salad and prefers to eat her bugs. Still offer it every day though.

Latest posts