• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Young Bearded diet

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
After months of preparing our enclosure (vivarium?) we are finally ready to get our bearded dragon. There's a reptile expo tomorrow in White Plains, NY and a lot of breeders will be there with an array of various types of beardies; we are very excited! I've been doing a lot of research on the care of Bearded dragons to prepare myself, but I'm curious to know what you guys suggest for a young beardie. Should I stick mostly to small crickets and leafy greens or do you suggest adding in other insects? Mealworms? I hear differing opinions about those; that they are fine to feed and others say they have to much chitin and are no good. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Latest posts