• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

YIKES!!!!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Not sure why this freaked me out but it did!!! Picked up my beautiful spotted leo and noticed that she was starting to shed. I was holding on to her skin and she started walking up my arm. I just held on and she walked right out of her shed. It was almost in one piece from her head to her tail. I thought it was pretty neat actually so I just put it back in her enclosure. Was typing away and I looked up to see her eat the whole thing!!! She started at the head part and the last thing I saw was her inside out tail sticking out of her mouth!!! It made the hair stand up all over my head!!! I know this is normal and that they do it but This is the first time I actually saw her in action.

First question. No harm done in helping her shed in this way is there? I actually was just hanging on and she literally just walked out of it!!! Really neat. She has one toe that still has the shed on it. If this doesn't come off in a day or two. What's the best way of getting this off without hurting her?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gently dampen and even more gently rub at it.. if that doesn't work, you can place her in enough warm water to soak it off..
Meaning just deep enough to cover the foot with the retained shed.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm actually a little nervous about stressing them out too much!! I have a little fear that one of them may become so stressed that they will drop their tails!!! I do handle them on almost a daily basis. This one is a little less skittish than the other and tolerates my attention so much better than the other. But I will give that toe a soak tomorrow if she hasn't shed it by then.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That would make my hair stand on end too. But I see the cool factor too.

Latest posts