• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Axolotl

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’ve had my bearded dragon for about a year now and out of nowhere she stopped eating and was running around more than normal. She also struggled to have a BM so I thought it was an impaction and took her to the vet. Not long after I noticed yellow start to appear on her face but nowhere else. It’s almost symmetrical on both sides and she’s also solid white so I’m not sure if it is yellow fungus or simply some kind of discoloration since she is white. I’m not quite sure what I should do. Vet gave me a laxative to give her and she’s gone once now but still doesn’t want to eat much and runs around a lot. Some advice would be greatly appreciated!
816CEB40-0943-4875-A31A-7EAF376AA349.jpeg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Most white dragons do get patches of discoloration as they age, Does the dragon get misted? If so id stop that and find another way to give her water for now, idk if it is YF i dont have much experience with illnesses, hopefully someone with more experience will give their opinion :(

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve had my bearded dragon for about a year now and out of nowhere she stopped eating and was running around more than normal. She also struggled to have a BM so I thought it was an impaction and took her to the vet. Not long after I noticed yellow start to appear on her face but nowhere else. It’s almost symmetrical on both sides and she’s also solid white so I’m not sure if it is yellow fungus or simply some kind of discoloration since she is white. I’m not quite sure what I should do. Vet gave me a laxative to give her and she’s gone once now but still doesn’t want to eat much and runs around a lot. Some advice would be greatly appreciated!View attachment 29533
It is not YF --- it is her coloring w/ possible shed coming on -- google yellow fungus in bearded dragons so you know what it looks like -- it is some nasty looking stuff - they get it from being spread by another dragon or dirty tanks - and loose substrate like sand etc is good for harboring bacteria thats why if dig boxes or sand in tanks need to be cleaned thoroughly frequently --- I have seen dragons w/ YF one on this forum here some years back and the poor little thing didnt make it --- it had gone to long w/ out proper treatment - it can be cured if caught soon enough -- vets will do a skin sample to determine if its YF then treat from there --

Axolotl

Bearded Dragon Egg
Most white dragons do get patches of discoloration as they age, Does the dragon get misted? If so id stop that and find another way to give her water for now, idk if it is YF i dont have much experience with illnesses, hopefully someone with more experience will give their opinion :(
She does not get misted and primarily gets her water during her baths. Thank you for taking the time to response though.

Axolotl

Bearded Dragon Egg
It is not YF --- it is her coloring w/ possible shed coming on -- google yellow fungus in bearded dragons so you know what it looks like -- it is some nasty looking stuff - they get it from being spread by another dragon or dirty tanks - and loose substrate like sand etc is good for harboring bacteria thats why if dig boxes or sand in tanks need to be cleaned thoroughly frequently --- I have seen dragons w/ YF one on this forum here some years back and the poor little thing didnt make it --- it had gone to long w/ out proper treatment - it can be cured if caught soon enough -- vets will do a skin sample to determine if its YF then treat from there --
I did look up several pictures before posting here. I could not get rid of just a little doubt left after looking at them. I worry a lot since I just took her to the vet and nothing has changed even though she’s had a BM since then. My last dragon (and first) also passed after finding out she had an illness that she likely got from her mother and was incurable. I only found that out after she passed and the blood test came back so I worry a lot now. But if you’re confident that’s not the case then that’s all I needed to dispel my concerns but I’ll keep a close eye on it for any changes and continue her previous treatment given to me by the vet. Thank you for taking your time to respond, it means a lot to me.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I did look up several pictures before posting here. I could not get rid of just a little doubt left after looking at them. I worry a lot since I just took her to the vet and nothing has changed even though she’s had a BM since then. My last dragon (and first) also passed after finding out she had an illness that she likely got from her mother and was incurable. I only found that out after she passed and the blood test came back so I worry a lot now. But if you’re confident that’s not the case then that’s all I needed to dispel my concerns but I’ll keep a close eye on it for any changes and continue her previous treatment given to me by the vet. Thank you for taking your time to respond, it means a lot to me.
Any more concerns please post back on here believe me if we can help you and its bad enough people will tell you to go to the vet but for the most part things like shedding and normal dragon stuff can be treated at home - I would look at getting a dragon ER kit in the house w/ things like keeping betadine on hand along w/ some raw unpasteurized honey that works on a lot of stuff - I have the honey in my house all the time as I cook w/ it so its always available and the betadine as well -- neosporin as well along w/ soft baby toothbrushes - vinegar/water solution for cleaning and F10 vet sanitizer for disinfecting -- and also some activated charcoal for poison insects they have eaten or plants as well --

Latest posts