• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beardie owner

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,
I have a 2 year old female bearded dragon. Around August, I noticed she had trouble with going to the bathroom. I made an appointment with a reptile vet and all they told me was that she had a minor case of pinworms.. nothing else. I gave her the medication and After two weeks, she was still pretty much the same, but her stool worried me more than anything. Sometimes there would be blood in there and I can tell she had trouble. I made another appointment due to this concern and she said nothing was wrong at all.. spent $52 on that visit. She convinced me that hey, maybe I’m exaggedating and my lizard is okay. After all, I do have the right lights and temps. I have a basking light that reaches about 100 (no coil) and a reptisun 10.0 UVB light tube in a 40 gal tank. She also has a cooling spot and a water bowl, no substrate. Everything seemed fine, I usually fed her kale, dusted crickets, and fruits. Around December, I started to notice some yellow coloring around her bottom. I figured it was just her poop that smeared whenever she went to the bathroom, so I would clean her up but wouldn’t come off. Now that it’s spread all over her tummy and arm, I’ve come to realize it’s yellow fungus. I have no idea how to treat this and I hear everyone say It’s literally a death sentence. I don’t have another $52 dollars to spend on a vet that will tell me “oh she’s ok”. I can dig some money up, but do any of you know any at home remedies I can do to help my dragon? Her behavior has remained constant, she went through brumation recently so maybe I didn’t notice anything before. She eats kale, dusted crickets, apples, bananas, bell peppers, strawberries not on an everyday basis but that is what she eats. I am frustrated :( don’t mind her eye, she was born like that but her other eye is fine. I can tell she is dehydrated so I do my best to give her water with a little tube everyday.

Attachments

• 90E456BD-187C-46E9-B865-59CE7CEDEA82.jpeg
    90E456BD-187C-46E9-B865-59CE7CEDEA82.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15

Latest posts