• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yay!

jager

Hatchling Dragon
I have been suspecting that my guy is a little dehydrated, he has been a little too lazy and i did the skin pinch test and sure enough he was. So I went on YouTube to see if anyone had good ideas for getting beardies to drink. I have been doing the bathing and dripping water on the nose, the misting, adding water to his veggies, spraying his water dish to make him notice it, and nothing worked.

Well I am happy to say someone on YouTube is brilliant and was using a monoject and just lightly spraying it on the nose. I guess the pressure of the water made him notice it and he starting to drink it. So far two days in a row he has been enjoying water and is perking up :) I was beginning to get a little concerned.

Thank you YouTube LOL [emoji2]

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
HA! That's what I did for Dexter, The only problem with a Monoject is that you can't really go slow and a few times I totally sprayed her in the face, LOL! I always have them on hand in case I have to syringe feed. I did actually cut the tip off of one and tried to drip a greens smoothie on Dexter's nose. She licked it off once and caught on and then I couldn't get her to drink water out of it!

Sometimes I hate my job but then I remember that I have an endless supply of toothbrushes to scrub my babies and I can easily get syringes!

jager

Hatchling Dragon
LOL I am assuming you work in a dental office? Me too! They can be tricky little things. I don't know how many times I have pressed to hard at work and sent water flying. ☺

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yep I work in a dental office! I work the front desk now but years ago I was an oral surgery assistant so I got to play with all the tools :)

jager

Hatchling Dragon
I am in a general practice but get to do some surgical which I LOVE! It is nice to never have to buy toothpaste or toothbrushes LOL

Latest posts