• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WTF does this mean is my lizard sick I am so confused

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
Lucky is 11 years old and I’m not sure if she’s acting funny or if I’m just paranoid. She just ate some melon and squash and now she’s opening her mouth and acting like she’s gonna throw up maybe?? Idk I’ll try and post the link to the video.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey girl me again, seems like pur paths keep intertwining. That’s nothing to worry about it honestly called having an old beardie who needs to catch her breath every once in a while. Cleo does that too especially if she ate a bit too fast, she’s kinda just blowing her beard up with air and breathing it in. Kinda like a built in paper bag. She’s forcing more oxygen in that she couldn’t get from simply breathing in. As you can she she strutted away fine afterward and looked at you like you were the crazy one . If they still got time to judge you than they are as right as rain lol. I’ve had a couple scares like this with Cleo so I know how scary this can look. Hope I was able to help

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
Hey girl me again, seems like pur paths keep intertwining. That’s nothing to worry about it honestly called having an old beardie who needs to catch her breath every once in a while. Cleo does that too especially if she ate a bit too fast, she’s kinda just blowing her beard up with air and breathing it in. Kinda like a built in paper bag. She’s forcing more oxygen in that she couldn’t get from simply breathing in. As you can she she strutted away fine afterward and looked at you like you were the crazy one . If they still got time to judge you than they are as right as rain lol. I’ve had a couple scares like this with Cleo so I know how scary this can look. Hope I was able to help
Ommmg thank you so so much I feel so much better very helpful info, and now I will stop staring like a crazy lady at poor lucky!!

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello @Kylie C . Sometimes older dragons do that. They sort of need to catch their breath. Or it could be the fact that she might be hot and she's just cooling off. Since they can't pant like a dog or sweat like a human, they open their mouths to get rid of some of that body heat. My bearded dragon does that a lot and it's totally normal.

Latest posts