• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried

Lydbee923

Bearded Dragon Egg
So i have a boy and girl temporarily housed together because i need to buy a whole new tank. I was changing their substrate today and adding some new stuff to the enclosure. And clean the glass. But now my male is starting to charge and attempt attack my female. I need help ASAP.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can temp house 1 of them in a big 30 gal storage tub, but get a tank asap, but you have to separate them asap or he will cause serious damage to her and if they are of breeding age he will mate with her literally to the point of exhaustion/death. :(
Sorry this is happening to you and it can be very scary when it does, they are just very solitary critters.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes I agree with Hdrydr31, you have to separate them ASAP and if they were housed together for a long time, he may have already done this to her before. It's very violent when males try to mate with females and it's very traumatizing for us to see it when it happens because we look at our beardies as being these sweet little creatures.

Latest posts