• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried. (sluggish)

Jonathan58

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok beardie buddies so our lil guy silver after the winter storm has been very sluggish and has a very shallow and sometimes rapid... he just isn’t himself plz if anyone has any suggestions or opinion of what is going on plz fell free to voice them... thank u in advance

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
Im no expert, but I’d say he may just be responding to the weather outside. No matter the cage conditions, they can still tell when the weather isn’t normal. It could possibly be brumation too.
A few months back, it rained outside, making it very dark. My beardie had good basking temps and a lot of light, but, after just a few minutes out of the tank, she insisted on going to bed 6 hours early. I even put her back, and she crawled under her substrate (a towel at the time) to get to a dark place to sleep.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
The shallow/rapid breathing is concerning... what are the basking temps? Did they drop too low at any point?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok beardie buddies so our lil guy silver after the winter storm has been very sluggish and has a very shallow and sometimes rapid... he just isn’t himself plz if anyone has any suggestions or opinion of what is going on plz fell free to voice them... thank u in advance
How is your dragon doing?

Latest posts