• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wood pellet

Slugma

Bearded Dragon Egg
No - it can cause impaction -- you can use textured non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot Lowes etc - it is cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle - insects cannot get underneath- or you can go w/ slated ceramic tile bought at the same place and cleaned the say way --- that would haft to be cut w/ a tile cutter-
kaylyn
Ok thanks for ur advise im so confuse about the best bedding for bd

Slugma

Bearded Dragon Egg
You dont want to use any loose substrate Sand wood chips coconut soil etc............walnut chips that is toxic to bearded dragons- try the shelf liner there are many people who use it -- just get a textured so he doesnt slip on it
kaylyn
I use newspaper now, but some friends of mine suggest use wood pellet for substrate.

Slugma

Bearded Dragon Egg
HERE IS SOME INFO ON THE UVB--- PLEASE ASK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS -- ARE YOU HAVING ANY ISSUES NOW W/ HIM EATING NOT EATING BEING LETHARGIC?
Which UVB light should I use?

The best UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube HO (Or Arcardia 12% in the UK). Compact or coil bulbs do not emit the proper amount of UVB light for a bearded dragon, and should not be used. Other brands, such as the Zilla Desert Series and ReptiGlo have been known to cause eye problems and other health issues with bearded dragons, and should be avoided. The reason that some UVB lights (Zilla, ReptiGlo, coils/compacts, ect.) are considered dangerous is because the wavelength of UVB that they emit is shorter and more intense than the wavelength of the "safe" lights (ReptiSun, Arcadia). UVB lights should be replaced every 6 months. The T5’s are a strong bulb and only need to be replaced once a year – the T 8 every 6 months--- where as the T 8 are not as strong—they need to be placed inside the tank the T 5 10.0 bulb approx 10-11 inches from basking spot – the T 8 approx 8-10 inches from basking spot—the cover needs to be off the bulb for full effect of the UVB rays--
KAYLYN
Its hard to find that in my country, the best i can get just exotrerra lamp...

Latest posts