• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Won't eat veggies!

Troy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey guys so I just got my 3Year Old Beardie that I got from these people who had him in a 10 gallon tank and who only feed him corn and mealworms. Well I got him and he will not eat greens what so ever he only wants to eat the superworms I have! When I try to mix the worms in with the greens he digs threw them and eats the worms! He out smarts me everytime, LOL... He's so very tame and loves being on you, He turns black when ever he's in the cage and rubs his mouth on the glass. He loves people... But he been around the block he very smart and knows all the tricks to try and get him to do thing LOL... How can I get him to eat greens???

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
some dragons simply wont eat greens. have you tried anything else? mine like blackberries, watermelon, grapes, squash and a few will eat red bell pepper

Troy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've tried grapes, Red bell pepper and squash... Along with Collard, Turnip & Mustard greens & Carrots!
Nothing, He just simply walks away!

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
being as he is three he needs more veggies than protein anyway try two days of salad only then worms on the third, maybe he'll get hungry and realize it's all he has. this is how i feed my adults and they do very well with this schedule. just a thought!

Troy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
@ Richard I'll try man, Starting tomorrow. Thanks for the help, I'll let you all know!

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Awesome

Most BD's are like kids, tough love is the answer, You can also try warming up some butternut squash (just warm a little) the heat makes the aroma come out more getting lots of unwilling dragons to "test" the salad dish.
Kiwi has also been a winner with most and some add worms to the salad to make it "move" thus attracting their attention to the salad and when they go for the wormies hiding in the salad, they are inevitably gonna get a bite or 2 of greens as well

Troy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
^ I have tried the worms in the salad trick and he out smarted me, He picked the worms out! LOL... I will try the warming up the squash thing and will try kiwi if I can find it today at the store.
Thanks guys for the help! Hopefully he will continue to eat the greens. I'll still keep you guys updated!

Troy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey Guys, Just an update.
He's eatting like a beast! Heloves greens all of a sudden LOL!

Reactions: P

tl3314

Hatchling Dragon
Mine has now decided greenbeans, bell peppers, an squash are no longer his favs.. He will pick thru then to get to the greens.. Eesh

Latest posts