• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

wont eat greens

xurheart2lie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Isabella will chomp down on crickets whenever I place them in the cage but for some reason whenever i cut up veggies for her, she isn't interested.. any reasons why?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Salad is a difficult thing for most of us at one time or another. Beardies under 1 year old typically do not touch their salad often. However, it should be offered daily because once they reach 1 year old, this will be the staple of their diet.

Try to change the greens up. Maybe she is not interested in the ones you are offering.

Another thing to try is to make a mound of the veggies of her choice. A lot of bearded dragons like butternut squash. So cut small pieces (no larger than the space between her eyes) and sprinkle your greens on top.

Other veggies to try are green or yellow squash, peppers, red cabbage, snow peas, bok choy....
Greens to try: collard greens, mustard greens, carrot tops, broccoli leaves from stem...

Make sure all pieces are no larger than the space between her eyes.

xurheart2lie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well when the male was living here he would chomp down on his veggies and his father would surprise him with his favorite once in awhile bananas.. we gave her the same treatment but she wouldnt eat them unless she was in his cage.. of course he would get upset cause no one touches carlos's nanners.. and would chase her off.. she likes licking the veggies but won't actually eat them, i will try new things though.. thanks

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds good. Don't give up. Keep trying until you find her mix. And just when you think you have it, she will bore of them and you will have to start all over again! Isn't parenting grand? ;D

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I got Princess started on salads by mixing in mango and strawberries. Now she eats them daily

Latest posts