• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wont eat fortified diet food

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Yes they do, small and large at least that's what my local petsmart sells. If your beardie is at least 1 yr he'll eat the large ones, if you give him the small there's a chance he won't chew the head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Chewing of their food is important but know that their stomach will do it's job and the supers will die in there. Just make sure your husbandry is good so temps are good and your basking and UVB will do their job.

Draeju's_world

Juvenile Dragon
I agree. When feeding beardies supers, hydration and temp are very important. I try to feed these early in the day to insure proper digestion basking under UVB. Avoid feeding them later in the day and go with something easier to digest. As always, feed no later than ~90 mins or so before lights out. I'd be willing to bet that a large majority of impactions are due to late feedings resulting in incomplete/stagnant digestion. Hydrate them in the mornings when lights come on.

Latest posts