• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wire enclosure

Dragon mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are wire enclosures okay for beardies ? My father in law built a large wire enclosure for our beardie and I just want to make sure it's ok. We've been able to maintain temps and humidity levels are not a problem. We live in Florida so it rarely gets cold here and our house doesn't go below 70 degrees at night. His basking area is 105-115 and his cool side is 81-84 degrees. He also really seems to love climbing up the sides of the cage.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77

Kathryn Kinney

Juvenile Dragon
I have one like that for outside. Be careful they will climb the wire as long as he is not a dare devil should be okay. I am assuming you have a pretty high watt bulb for heat since their is a lot of ventilation. Also do I see the uvb on the left does he spend a lot of time near it? I would reccommend getting the mercury vapor bulb so he gets both at the same time and they give a decent amount of heat. I am in Fl. too and this time of year I switch their bulbs to a lower wattage since its gets so hot in the afternoon because their is not that much ventilation in some of my encloures.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree, be careful with the wire and him climbing it. The UVB light should be mounted overhead. You could hurt their eyes with the light shining in them where it is.

Dragon mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
I agree, be careful with the wire and him climbing it. The UVB light should be mounted overhead. You could hurt their eyes with the light shining in them where it is.
I do have a uvb mounted overhead but because his cage is tall I was concerned that maybe enough wasn't reaching the bottom so I installed one below where you see it. Do you think I should remove it and just leave the one that is overhead ? I also have a mercury vapor bulb over his basking area.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would remove the sideways one it really will hurt his eyes. I don't really know where else you could put it though:confused:

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They also have them on Amazon. I got a decal for my car on Amazon. "Bearded Dragon Mom"

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

Latest posts