• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Willow's New Harness!

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I got Willow a new harness and lead today from my local pet store :) its designed for ferrets but fits really well, here are some pictures..

547880_3206609096195_110083520_n.jpg

255443_3206609216198_2074443034_n.jpg

Pat B

Super Moderator
That is way too cute!! Does Willow walk with you when you take her out? My beardie would have to have a major attitude adjustment for me to get a harness on him but he is still little. Maybe when he is bigger....:rolleyes:

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
Aww, she looks so cute! I'd love to buy George one when I have the time. Then I could take him to see Prometheus! Anyway Willow looks happy to be near you;)

Katching

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have seen one that is a slip of soft leather with two arm holes. I wasn't sure if it was more of s gimick? But seeing that other use them I am tempted as puff like to dash off e wry now and then. These pictures are cute. X

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't recommend that type of harness, but to each their own. That type, should it jump out of your arms and hang from the leash would put it's full weight on a narrow strip across it's neck & squeeze it's belly across a narrow area.

The type that Katching mentioned is a much better choice, similar to the ones my wife made shown in this thread. Harness Fitting Day

By the way Pat, you cannot walk a BD like a dog ;) , that would be similar to trying to walk a cat on a leash. A harness' sole purpose is as a safety feature, in the event of attempted escape or fall.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I don't recommend that type of harness, but to each their own. That type, should it jump out of your arms and hang from the leash would put it's full weight on a narrow strip across it's neck & squeeze it's belly across a narrow area.

The type that Katching mentioned is a much better choice, similar to the ones my wife made shown in this thread. Harness Fitting Day

By the way Pat, you cannot walk a BD like a dog ;) , that would be similar to trying to walk a cat on a leash. A harness' sole purpose is as a safety feature, in the event of attempted escape or fall.
I would have to agree. I'm not too fond of the ferret harness I broke down and got for temporary purposes. Cass acts like she can't hold on to me well when it's on her :confused:. But I love the Camo look, and that one looks ten times more comfortable then the one I got for Cass.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
its not a gimmick - but not a serious heavy duty restraint either (if such a thing is even required by any BD owner). Willow mainly wanders around my living room and has a liking for dark inaccessible spaces this is serving mainly as a guide as to where it's safe to go. I don't like the leather design she found it more uncomfortable than this design. I would never let her dangle from it or drag her along and i hear what Katching and Germ are saying, if she showed any signs of discomfort i wouldn't use it anymore. And she doesn't go outside ;) this is mainly used inside

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I would have to agree. I'm not too fond of the ferret harness I broke down and got for temporary purposes. Cass acts like she can't hold on to me well when it's on her :confused:. But I love the Camo look, and that one looks ten times more comfortable then the one I got for Cass.

I'm sorry to hear the one you got for Cass caused such problems :S Willow's only just made 300grams so she's not as big as Cass! and has no problem clinging onto things - she finds it really comfortable and acts just as normal when she wears it :) i love the camo too! :p

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sorry to hear the one you got for Cass caused such problems :S Willow's only just made 300grams so she's not as big as Cass! and has no problem clinging onto things - she finds it really comfortable and acts just as normal when she wears it :) i love the camo too! :p
That's good to hear! And the way you're using it wouldn't cause any of the problems with the stress areas, either sounds like. I used it to take her on a walk and she kept jumping off of me and I would catch her with it and it seems like it would cause the problems Germ mentioned as well as it just being rather uncomfortable for her, even though it's adjustable.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
That's good to hear! And the way you're using it wouldn't cause any of the problems with the stress areas, either sounds like. I used it to take her on a walk and she kept jumping off of me and I would catch her with it and it seems like it would cause the problems Germ mentioned as well as it just being rather uncomfortable for her, even though it's adjustable.

You mean like taking her for a walk out in public? :) Willow's never really jumped off me from a height before, she's quite clingy when i hold her on my arm or chest! but i still wouldn't trust her ;) as i said, the harness serves its purpose mainly for her running around the living room. I rarely stand up and walk around the house with her on me, if i do she will be bare :p and have two hands on her at all times just incase

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You mean like taking her for a walk out in public? :) Willow's never really jumped off me from a height before, she's quite clingy when i hold her on my arm or chest! but i still wouldn't trust her ;) as i said, the harness serves its purpose mainly for her running around the living room. I rarely stand up and walk around the house with her on me, if i do she will be bare :p and have two hands on her at all times just incase
I usually don't have a problem with it, but she really did not like that harness and was not clinging to me well. I was keeping a hand over her and she still managed to squirm and jump lol.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
aww :D poor cass! She looks like a very big girl, how much does she weigh? :) they really can jump when they want too! Willow's taken flying leaps around her viv before - one time resulted in breaking her tail!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
aww :D poor cass! She looks like a very big girl, how much does she weigh? :) they really can jump when they want too! Willow's taken flying leaps around her viv before - one time resulted in breaking her tail!
She has gained more weight and shed again since I took her weight at 325 grams. I'm not sure it would be accurate right now if she's prego again. Feeling some lumps, I hope not! I thought I was done!
I remember poor Willow's broken tail. She kept thrashing it around anyway, probably causing it to heal slower than it would have if she had just let it be lol.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
shedding is always a sign of weight gain and growth :p is she showing any other signs of being gravid?? she certainly is a busy girl! :p
she did keep thrashing it! whipping it in the air! much to my dis-satisfaction :L now its got a slight kink in it but it doesn't cause her any discomfort ;) Willow was only 115 grams when i got her :eek: she's doing so well

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
shedding is always a sign of weight gain and growth :p is she showing any other signs of being gravid?? she certainly is a busy girl! :p
she did keep thrashing it! whipping it in the air! much to my dis-satisfaction :L now its got a slight kink in it but it doesn't cause her any discomfort ;) Willow was only 115 grams when i got her :eek: she's doing so well
Nothing other than digging at night, but that's been her norm since I put sand in there then took it away. She keeps trying to burrow a little at night.
She's not been around the male since before the first clutch, they can just hold on to it for so long!
She is doing well. 300 grams is a good weight too! Glad it no longer causes any discomfort.

jeremy green

Hatchling Dragon
Great harness! I have a leash for mine and he loves it. I take him outside whenever the weather permits it and it is fun to seem him bask outside.

Latest posts