• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Will it explore?

litarally

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just bought a very young beardie. Will it explore her enclosure? There are a few things in there, but she hasn't used her hide at all. Does that mean she doesn't need it, or that she hasn't found it? Right now she spends most of her time at the top of the stick. We will be buying a much bigger enclosure soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20151010_180406.jpg
    IMG_20151010_180406.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She just needs some time to get used to her home and she will explore. It's possible she's doing it when she's not being watched. The hides just take time. My girl does not like any of her hides and my boy just started using his....he's almost 2!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
looks like repti-carpet. LOVE the background !! Ditto what Patsy B said - it takes them some time to get comfortable. My girl doesnt hardly explore at all - in or out of viv. my boy is ALL OVER THE PLACE !!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Def repti carpet. I think Petco/Petsmart sells it. I have that color, think I got it from Amazon since the stores only sell the green ones.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've only seen it in brown and green and one designed like a football field.

markorussell

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I just bought a very young beardie. Will it explore her enclosure? There are a few things in there, but she hasn't used her hide at all. Does that mean she doesn't need it, or that she hasn't found it? Right now she spends most of her time at the top of the stick. We will be buying a much bigger enclosure soon.
I love the set up!

Latest posts