• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why has my bd lost her toes :s

Burg90

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey iv just been to feed my 2 bearded dragons and iv only now notice that my female one has lost her toes on her back right foot .. im now stuck with what to do could someone please help me

Attachments

• 20170507_184751.jpg
    20170507_184751.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49

Dragnmum

Hatchling Dragon
As a new dragon mom, my only thought is crickets? Did some stay in the cage overnight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum..
Your female has likely been in a fight with the other dragon.. They are solitary critters and shouldn't be housed together, even if they have always been together it is just a matter of time before they fight over well pretty much anything food, UVB time, the best basking spot or just got tired of the other being around...
I would highly recommend changing out the sand and placing tile, repticarpet, shelf liner, paper towels.. the sand gets everywhere and as in the picture is now all up in the wounds..it can get in their eyes/nose causing damage, it holds in bacteria/smells and can cause impaction.

You can take a look at the links below several of our comments as we have put together information covering housing needs, food lists and pretty much anything you could need for their care..

For now you can soak her in a warm bath with very diluted iodine (weak like a weak tea in color) to clean the wound..and remove the sand so that the wounds can heal... They SHOULD heal ok but keeping them clean and keeping an eye on them making sure it doesn't get infected...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I second what Hdrydr31 said. Bearded dragons are solitary animals and will turn on each other with no notice, even if they are raised together. It also looks like there might be some stuck shed on the foot and the foot looks swollen. I would get her to a vet to make sure there isn't anything else going on there, gout can also cause swollen limbs. Not only should you separate them but you need to make sure that the tank is kept real clean so that infection doesn't set in to any open wounds.

Latest posts