• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

which floor should i pick

DaniNPickle

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i have read statements about some of the stuff you put on the bottom of the tank, and know i shouldn't use sand made for reptiles, bark, pellets or fish gravel. but of the other ones wich is the best choice? Right now I'm using this felt carpet stuff i bought at the pet store, but don't really like it.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my personal preference is newspaper. Its cheap, easy to clean, zero impaction risk. But it is not "natural" which is why many do not like it.

I tried my hand at repticarpet and slate tile and excavator clay and just did not like any of them. The clay turns into something like brick after you set it up per the instructions it comes with, problem with that is cleaning it is a night mare as you have to chip out the parts that are saturated with liquid from feces. The repticarpet is just a pain cause of always having to wash it. The tile I did not like because it created large amounts of dust and it (imo) filed the nails down to severly on my dragons.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I personally use tile in both my tanks and love it

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Depending on what kind of tile you get, it could be GREAT! I use tile in my viv now. It's sealed, so no fecal matter or bacteria can get in them, also cuts out dust. clean up is a breeze. I can't remember what kind, but its rouch enough for him to walk on, and he seems to like it. just my 2 cents

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've used just about every substrate out there and for beginners I like tile (not too rough though), newspaper and non-adhesive shelf liner

Latest posts