• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where to put a digital thermometer in a bearded dragons cage. Help!

wildenglishrose

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I don't wanna sound thick but im having big problems with the digital thermometer, im not certain where to put it. I got a 4month beardie yesterday, he/she aint eating that much, the temp is only 79.9f, i have the probe close to the floor from the basking bulb. I'm using a 150watt bulb. Im getting really worried now, i can't get the temp up.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You have the correct place of where to put it for the basking spot. It is weird that your temp is that low with that wattage. How big is your tank? How far is the basking spot from the bulb?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Could you maybe post a pic of your current setup? The hot side probe should be ON the basking spot and the other probe at the cool end.

But a picture would really help as you state it is on the floor close to the basking spot.....

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Sometimes it helps to have a log or some kind of perch about halfway up towards the basking lamp. Most people tend to use driftwood as do I. But as Pogie stated we'd need to see a pic to make the best judgement call.

wildenglishrose

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I will get some pics of my setup ;D Anyway, i had the basking bulb to far away so i moved it, now the basking temp is 103.8f and the cooler end is 82.3f at night the temp goes down to 73f

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well that sounds way better . . . . would still like to see the pics when you get them, Just want to make sure ;D

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Those temps sound pretty good. If your probe is attached to a wire...put the probe directly onto the spot where he basks. For instance, if you have a limb..tie it to the limb. If you have a rock...put it on the rock. Just make sure it is on the highest spot in the tank that he basks.

Latest posts