• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where to keep a beardie?

BJ

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My son and i have been keen to get a lizard for some time now and have finally convinced the other 4 members of the house it was a good idea. Deal is he has to stay in a room separate from main living area, so of course he is in my sons room! Are there any health health risks for either lizard or human co-habitating in the same room. Lizard enclosure is 4' x 2' x 2' timber with glass front on a stand(have included photo). We have used only reptile matting and some logs for furniture so far but would like to put in sand once he is older. Son is only 4 but is good at doing all the lizard related chores.

Thanks
Brett

BJ

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Got the vivarium from a local bloke who makes them for the pet shops

KAJA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well bearded dragons like to be where the people are so choose a room where you will be most of the time. We had Bernie by a railing separating our kitchen and family room. So he could watch the action from any three sides of his viv and by the time we were ready for bed, he was already asleep himself (herself).

They can be where you are, but you need to just stay clean after handling your beardie. Keep things like Purel or anticbacterial soap around so you can promptly wash yours and your childrens' hands after handling them.

One of our members even had a great idea to get the kids conscious of their cleanliness after playing with your bearded dragon. See this thread to see what I am talking about:

Handling Your Bearded Dragon

Latest posts