• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where to Get Cheap Supplies?

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey all,
BeeGee is getting big, too big for his little 20 gallon so right now I'm working on building him a new viv in the 40 gallon I bought. Just got some red 6x6 textured tiles, very natural looking. My next step was upgrading his food bowls, lamps and also a nice big branch. I was wondering the most where I can get a big drift wood piece or anything thats good for basking. The only problem is price, I want him to have the best but I can't always afford it. So where do you guys buy your supplies and wood?

P.S I found fake Ivy and plants at Michaels and Walmart for a good price incase anybody would like to know

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well IDK where you can get the bowls and stuff, as for the wood or rocks. Is there any in your yard or close by?

Most of the stuff Ive read about (In other posts) including the branches and rocks Ive used Ive picked up outside.
Just scrub them thouroughly in hot water thrn soak a bit (I let mine soak in really hot water for about an hour - topping up with more hot water if it cools) and then I bake them in the oven @ approc 200F for an hour to 2 hours. That temp kills all bad thingies in and on the wood / rocks.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I personally don't use basking logs in my enclosures.. however, I am working on a nice piece of crepe myrtle for the geckos..
I have lots of hard wood trees on my lot, so it's only a matter of finding the right size, removing the bark and baking the wood in the oven to kill parasites.
Hope this helps.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah the only problem is finding a really good stick because I can never find a good one

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
however, I am working on a nice piece of crepe myrtle for the geckos..

Not!

Crepe Myrtle has been reported as toxic in many regards. it's not ALL hardwoods that are safe.

Latest posts