• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where do you buy your Black soldier fly larvae?

Marila123

Hatchling Dragon
hi all,

I am located in Brooklyn, ny and have been to several stores but can't seem to find BSFL. Anyone can suggest where in NYC I can get them or a safe online store?

Am I also wondering if I should keep sprinkling the crickets with repti cal since I've read the BSFL are high in calcium.

what size for a baby beardie to get? Read they can be quite small.

Thank you!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
hi all,

I am located in Brooklyn, ny and have been to several stores but can't seem to find BSFL. Anyone can suggest where in NYC I can get them or a safe online store?

Am I also wondering if I should keep sprinkling the crickets with repti cal since I've read the BSFL are high in calcium.

what size for a baby beardie to get? Read they can be quite small.

Thank you!

There are few vendors on eBay and Amazon that are great and have decent prices. You just want to make sure they are listed as reptile food and not housed in any type of manure. If the vendor sells other types of feeder insects and has positive reviews that's always a reassuring sign. I would do medium-large. The smalls are just way too tiny even for babies.

I would continue to dust the crickets when I fed them but not the bsfl. They naturally have plenty of calcium already packed inside of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marila123

Hatchling Dragon
Rae Ann, thank you very much!! Do you have any particular sellers in mind? I would greatly appreciate it.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I ordered my last batch of BSFL online from Mulberry Farms. I ordered 100 and got closer to 200, which was great! They deal mainly with silkworms. They were out of them at the time, so I ordered silkworm eggs. Now I'm raising silkworm larvae haha. They're super easy, though. Give them a constant supply of fresh chow, which MF sells at a good price, keep their environment clean, and you're golden.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
There is a user on eBay that I have used in the past and was always very pleased with the product. His eBay name is symton and the BSFL they sell is grown by the Texas A&M University Entomology department. I think they sell 1000 for around $20. They also answer all questions in a very timely manner. Check them out if you get a chance

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I would feed large since they aren't very big. I think a baby could handle a large BSFL just fine.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've ordered BSFL from Rainbow Mealworms in the past. I get my silk worms from Coastal Silkworms.

Latest posts