• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where do I install the light 10.0 tube?

Andry

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Do I install it up top of this tank or on the back wall like in the second picture? How close does it need to be to the dragon?
1030882844_GZoCy-M-0.jpg

1030882780_zwGKE-O.jpg

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would say Pic no 1. At the top.
As long as he can get 6-8 inches from the light

Andry

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If I install on the top like in picture 1, the dragon can get up to 16 inches from the light and no closer. :(

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My preference would be picture 2. It will help keep the tank brighter as well.

Dragons need to be able to get within 10-12 inches of the light, there is no proof that closer than 10 inches is more beneficial.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think the second picture is better. The further from the light the less UV they get. To make sure he can not touch the light maybe putting a kind of chicken wire cage around the light. Don't know how it would work exactly but that is just a thought off the top of my head.

Andry

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It comes with a plastic frosted cover, but I assume that is not good to keep on it, right?

Latest posts