• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When would it be time for a new Vivarium?-pics

Shoulon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My Beardy Yoshi Is Five Months and around 2 weeks. He is 1'1" And Just shedded his legs and head. *(body next, Tail was before.)

My Current Viv is a 20Gal. The next one I will build out of wood with; Plexiglas slider doors, Light fixtures, dimmers.

- What size should the next or can the next one be?

------

DSCF3299.jpg

DSCF3272.jpg

DSCF3302.jpg

DSCF3279.jpg

------

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Typically, when they reach 1 year of age is when they should move into their permanent viv. The recommended minimum for an adult is 40 gallon breeder (36 3/16 x 18 1/4 x 16 15/16).

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I owuld suggest using real glass instead of plexi. I used plexi in the one I built and it got very scratched up.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I also wouldn't suggest plexi due to scratching. Also, with the lighting I would recommend making sure that the lighting/heat source is outside the tank. Making the top of the tank with a mesh top, you can put the lights/uvbs directly on that and there is no chance of your beardie getting burned. You can start building now. Can never hurt to get them into a bigger tank.

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Im on the same terms with plexiglass. i would reccommend real glass.

Latest posts