• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what's wrong with my beardy's eye

Nico77

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG_2950.JPG

Nico77

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's just the one eye. He seems to keep it shut a lot? I gave him a bath and took a paper towel and carefully wiped it down. Nothing stuck in there that I can tell. No discharge. He's about 7 and is very stubborn eating his Kale and arugula

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Is there anything he might've scratched it on? And can you describe your lightning system?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If you have coil uvb, its most definitely affected his vision,....... these type of uvb bulbs offer little to no uvb, hurt beardies eyes, and in more serious cases blinds them, please please please, if you have a coil uvb bulb, get rid of it asap! Him getting natural sun for an hr a day would probably be healthier than all day under the coil bulb,.... it looks like his eye is graying over,... is the other one like this? What does his stools look like? Do they have form? Or are they a shapeless poo?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It could be a cataract forming -- if your using a coil UVB get rid of it now please -- I can help w/ a new UVB
I would get him into a reptile vet
www.arav.org

Latest posts