• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's this black spot?

Grant3679

Bearded Dragon Egg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408326391.903784.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's hard to tell from the picture it could be stuck shed but it could also be something else. I think Marquez is right, have a vet look at it. If it's yellow fungus and it's caught early you beardie has a better chance.

SunWuKong

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I've kept geckos for many years and decided to get a beardy. My problem is similar to the topic so decided to post in here. I have had this hatchling for a few days, when I was buying/inspecting him I didn't notice anything strange but after a few days at home I noticed this black spot/open cut on his belly. After research I thought it may be just his umbilical cord but I'm not sure since it seems so much bigger than the pictures I've found online. Hes very active, excretes daily and eats like a champ so I'm not sure what to do? I was thinking of getting the zoomed wound heal spray but if its naturally gonna heal then I don't want to stress him out too much. Maybe his umbilical cord hasn't healed correctly or has reopened?
20140819_115539.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated
Dan

BTW i live in china so finding a good vet is pretty tough, took months to find a good one for my cats. Finding a reptile vet will be near impossible.

Attachments

• 20140819_115457.jpg
    20140819_115457.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 65

SunWuKong

Bearded Dragon Egg
thanks =] I've been worrying alot. I couldn't figure out why he looked so healthy and had it, now i don't need to worry.

SunWuKong

Bearded Dragon Egg
sorry one more quick question. should i wait until it has gone away before bathing? I've been misting body but not sure if its too early for shallow baths? Read a few sites saying earlier the better

Latest posts