• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What the...?

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
I went to my local petstore where I am good friends with the owner. He just got 5 new baby beardies in so I looked at them and one of them had a "B" written in pen on his underside. The owner said it came in that way. Hes never seen that before and im trying to figure out who would perminately inscribe a "B" into a poor baby beardie.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LMFAO - it's not permanent ... Breeders will mark their BDs to Identify them. It comes off with the next shed. It is common practice, although generally not on the underside.

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Haha I thought the underside wouldnt shed as much though. But I guess your right. I just never seen a B on one and neither has he and hes been in the business for 36 years.

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Whenever I see bearded dragons send I always see the top and only part of the bottom by the tail and the head.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hahahah. It's not the part we think of most often but you're right Germ. I guess the bottom has to shed just as much as the top! :) ;) :p

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Haha I knew it grows but I always felt as if some of it doesnt shed.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
What, you think the underside doesn't grow too?
I marked the ones I thought were boys with a "b", but there's really no way to tell at this age for sure without probing :mad:, which is NOT recommended. Non toxic and comes right off in a shed. Germ, you're hilarious :D. 'Course the underside sheds.

Latest posts