• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What lightbulbs should I use with this enclosure?

Gyro

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I was going to make a custom enclosure. A 4x2x2 made out of PVC with a plexi glass, hinged front door and two side windows made out of plexiglass as well. I am planning on putting screen on top (because I already have the light fixtures from my friend). Of course I am putting the UVB fixture inside and I am getting the ZooMed 10 or whatever, and mounting on the top inside the viv next to the heat light. So my question is what kind of spot light should I get for a tank of this material and size? My friend told me a 75W Halogen spotlight should be enough if I keep my bearded dragon about 7 or 8 inches away from the actual bulb. Also, should I keep a little like 10w or 15w white light on the "cool" side of the tank just so its not all dark? or do you think that would heat it up too much? Thanks for the responses guys and gals <3

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
A 75 might be enough but you might need more. Try it and get a temperature reading of the basking area. It should be over 100 for a baby or juvenile dragon, 95 or so for an adult. You can probably go with a 40 watt on the cool side with an enclosure of that size. You might have to do a little adjusting of the bulb wattage before you get it where it needs to be.

Latest posts