• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What Kind of Retile Tile to Use

Jewelie952

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a nice holiday.

This is going to seem kind of ignorant but what kind of reptile tile is everyone using? Is it actual tiling from Home Depot or reptile tiles from a website?

Thank you for any direction

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a nice holiday.

This is going to seem kind of ignorant but what kind of reptile tile is everyone using? Is it actual tiling from Home Depot or reptile tiles from a website?

Thank you for any direction
Home Depot is where I got mine -- it is a slated texture ceramic tile --- NO coarse and no smooth -- here is pic of it cost me about $13 to tile a 4x2x2 tank -- it needs to be cut w/ a tile cutter so you dont get the jagged edges -- I use a thick shop paper towel underneath to catch the watery urate --- its not grouted so I can pull tiles for deep cleaning -- which has been smart since Blaze has coccidia now and have had to pull his tank interior every day to disinfect w/ F 10 --

Attachments

• floor tile.jpg
    floor tile.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 38

Jewelie952

Bearded Dragon Egg
Home Depot is where I got mine -- it is a slated texture ceramic tile --- NO coarse and no smooth -- here is pic of it cost me about $13 to tile a 4x2x2 tank -- it needs to be cut w/ a tile cutter so you dont get the jagged edges -- I use a thick shop paper towel underneath to catch the watery urate --- its not grouted so I can pull tiles for deep cleaning -- which has been smart since Blaze has coccidia now and have had to pull his tank interior every day to disinfect w/ F 10 --
Thank you so much! I hope your little guy feels better soon!

MaxTheconfusedkeeper

Bearded Dragon Egg
I myself, Before I decided on bioactive was planning on using the backs of tiles as they have a lot of texture from where they go on the grout and help the beardie grip the tank, also they usually have a nice orangey sunsey color on that back that I Like

MaxTheconfusedkeeper

Bearded Dragon Egg
I agree with not grouting the tiles. If you don't have a tile cutter you can try and measure and maybe by some samples as there smaller and would be easier to fit, Hope this helps!

Latest posts