• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this on my bearded dragon?

nisemu

Bearded Dragon Egg

My partner thinks it just looks like that because he hasn't shed there however it looks bigger than it is on the other side so I am very confused. We are taking him to the vet next Friday for something else however is this cause of concern as well??​

Attachments

• IMG_2809.jpeg
    IMG_2809.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2812.jpeg
    IMG_2812.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2815.jpeg
    IMG_2815.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2814.jpeg
    IMG_2814.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

My partner thinks it just looks like that because he hasn't shed there however it looks bigger than it is on the other side so I am very confused. We are taking him to the vet next Friday for something else however is this cause of concern as well??​

I thought maybe food they will hold food in their beards but w/ it being on one side I am not sure - how long has it been there? I am gonna have some others take a look and see that they think?
@Drache613

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Is that area soft or hard to the touch? It isn't shed, but could be a cyst, or an abscess. Has he fallen
off of something & hurt his beard by landing on it?

Tracie

nisemu

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

Is that area soft or hard to the touch? It isn't shed, but could be a cyst, or an abscess. Has he fallen
off of something & hurt his beard by landing on it?

Tracie
took him to the vet and he said everything is fine fortunately

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I agree, just keep a close eye on the area, to be sure that it doesn't get larger in size. Maybe he hit
his beard & injured it somehow which can cause soft tissue swelling, etc.

Tracie

Latest posts