• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what is the best tile

DragonLover1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone i wouldn't mind giving tile another go i'm building Safiras new enclosure a 4ft by 2ft by 2ft. I know the tiles i have here are not rough enough she can't grip to well. There ceramic tiles but i'm not sure if there the textured ones or not. I want to know everything there is to know about tiles. IS rougher the tile better they are? i want something that is easy to clean and looks good. I know cause Safira has been on sand for ages its going to take time for her to adjust, I've taken her off sand she has fake grass at the moment. Hopefully she will only be in the enclosure she is in at the moment for 3 months at the most. Also if people can post pictures of there set ups with tiles would be great too.

Kemptastic

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
:}
I think the best substrate for you beardie would be Newspaper. I wouldnt suggest sand because it could cause impaction. Altough alot of BD owners use Sand without the problem of impaction, I'd use Non bleach paper towls, or Newspaper just to be on the safe side. Repti- Carpet is good too, but I use newspaper for my BD :D

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I use tile its a natural stone and i got it in a desert shade its oranges,browns,reds in it, its not overly textured but its got enough grain on it suga has no problem running around on it and because it isnt heavy on texture its easy to clean. It was about $3-4 per tile but her 80g tank takes 4 perfect so wasnt like it cost me an arm and a leg!!!! Its already sealed too so i didnt have to do any prep to it. I will post pics as soon as i can having computer issues at the moment.

Latest posts