• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What does it mean?

Krypt0nite1989

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
What does it mean when your beardie licks you? And just about everything else?

My fingers, my face at once point, clothes, pillows, and everything in his cage.

BigDaddyDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It means he most definitely, without a doubt, is indeed a bearded dragon. Lol. That's just what they do. Every time I clean the cage, and make the glass crystal clear, they run up and put their tongues all over it. And the wood, and their plants, and the floor. And when were playing jeopardy on the wii in the living room, they lick the controller, and my ear, and my shirt. I find it completely hysterical to be honest. I guess it's their way of exploring.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They use their tongue as a major sensory feature. Basically, flicking an object to see if it's familiar or edible or whatever.

Krypt0nite1989

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ahh ok. That makes sense. So when he licks me everytime I pick him up, it's most likely because He wants to know who I am?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Krypt0nite1989 said:
Ahh ok. That makes sense. So when he licks me everytime I pick him up, it's most likely because He wants to know who I am?

In a way...yes. If you'd really like to know how this works, look up the word "chemoreception". It'll tell you ALL you need to know about chemoreceptors and how they work....and then some. ;)

Latest posts