• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What do you use to bathe BD?

tarichardi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Trying to get ideas as Horton has outgrown his previous tub and I am not one for using the sink.
Thanks!

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i use the bath, its great has a naural gradient so they can go a little deeper of their own will and gives them plenty of room to roam in there.

paul

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I use the bath tub as well... Several reasons.

I can clean it easily between each use.

It is large enough for my "swimming" dragons to swim.

Gemini fits.

Hope that helps !
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We put a huge rubbermaid tub in our sink. Plenty of room to swim and soak.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I always used my tub, but another suggestion is using one of those "kiddie pools". I hear they work great especially if you live in warm climate area where you can use it outside.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
li said:
I always used my tub, but another suggestion is using one of those "kiddie pools". I hear they work great especially if you live in warm climate area where you can use it outside.

I was just telling Bev the other day that I wanted to get one for Frodo and Sam to see how they'd react with each other in the same bath. They've never been together....so I'm curious. I just don't want any little dragons running around. LOL!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Psssssssst then you may want to avoid said experiment, Craig ?
Janie

That's why I've avoided it up to now. Guess I'll just keep avoiding....

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well see if you did that about a year ago, you would have been very surprised!!!!!! LOL At least now you know what would be happening.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
li said:
Well see if you did that about a year ago, you would have been very surprised!!!!!! LOL At least now you know what would be happening.

More surprised than the day of the sex change! I still can't believe "she" did that to me. :D

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I use the sink... Lola likes to stick her head under the faucet. She tried to investigate the garbage disposal one time... I'll have to try the tub to see if she likes it more.

Here's a question... is it just my beardie or do other "kick" themselves in the head with their back feet when they are getting a bath? I will understand if it is just mine... All my animals (this includes the kid) are off their rockers.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Stephanie is a Rockstar said:
I use the sink... Lola likes to stick her head under the faucet. She tried to investigate the garbage disposal one time... I'll have to try the tub to see if she likes it more.

Here's a question... is it just my beardie or do other "kick" themselves in the head with their back feet when they are getting a bath? I will understand if it is just mine... All my animals (this includes the kid) are off their rockers.

LOL! You're fittin' right in...

I've seen mine do this on occasion. I'm thinking it might have something to do with shedding than anything.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I use my bath tub.

I had a dragon that used to kick herself only when she got water on her head. She hated that.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my beardies do the kicking or scratching thing but only when in shed its like they trying to make the skin loose or summut

paul

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardielover17 said:
I use my bath tub.

I had a dragon that used to kick herself only when she got water on her head. She hated that.

I see your beardie has good taste... driving a Honda and all! (I work at a Honda dealer)

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have tubs for each of my dragons. They fit in the kitchen sink. Then for swimming (no pooping) I use the guest bathtub for Magick to swim. Jada and Semi don't like to swim.

Latest posts