• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What do I do if the power goes out?

MuggleMaggie

Hatchling Dragon
We are quickly approaching hurricane season... what do I do for heat and UVB if we lose power for Draco?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gas powered generator, Battery pack with an inverter (for short periods), Heat packs &\or hand warmers, propane space heaters. All viable options. In cold weather, I have known keepers to house them in their running vehicles, when all else fails, to keep them warm. BDs can go a few days, a week, with no UVB in an emergency, generally without issue, heat would be your main concern.

Good Luck

MuggleMaggie

Hatchling Dragon
Gas powered generator, Battery pack with an inverter (for short periods), Heat packs &\or hand warmers, propane space heaters. All viable options. In cold weather, I have known keepers to house them in their running vehicles, when all else fails, to keep them warm. BDs can go a few days, a week, with no UVB in an emergency, generally without issue, heat would be your main concern.

Good Luck

Well, I live in FL. I don't think heat would be a BIG problem. maybe in the mornings and evenings, I'd have to add a hand warmer, but that'd be it. WE live in town now, so I doubt we would be without for more than a day or two. Thank you for the response.

Latest posts