• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What can I do ? Any suggestions?

Apollo10

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
What can I do too feed my rescue beardie , i had him for 3 months now , he is male and I would guess 3 years old give or take. But he was very skinny, not active and so on! But my question is what feeders can I give him too fatten him up a little bit? When I got him he was about 250 grams and now he is 410 grams (my skale is old so please excuse), I am trying superworms, mealworms, crickets, dubias, greens but he stays skinny? He is just shy of 20" ? but any ideas?? I am not really worries just wondering , he is eating pooping perfectly!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sounds like he's put on some good weight since you got him. You are feeding him good things. Do you have a picture of him? 410 is a good size.

Apollo10

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
These are the pictures I just took hom him
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443443827.147222.jpg

Here are some of his parts that looks way too skinny for me like his head and his hips like i can feel his ribs quite easily in comparison of my other beardies
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443443899.777950.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443443916.729639.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443443929.511260.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443443949.995111.jpg

Please just bear in mind I am struggling with his shedding !! Doing almost everything that I can!! And here he was when i got him
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443444099.395059.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443444122.195019.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's beautiful! You did a great job with him! His fat pads on his head do look a little small. I would keep doing what you are doing. Make sure he's drinking water, drip water on his nose when you give him a bath to try to get him to drink. I would add some juicy worms to his diet like hornworms. Silk worms are supposed to be good too. I've never tried them but just ordered some along with butter worms from lindasgonebuggie.

Apollo10

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you verry much ! The only way he is drinking water is when he is in the bath and with my other dragons, I really don't know why tried dripping water on his nose in his cage or alone in the bath he just don't do it but yes I am going to be patient and keep doing what I am doing!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've done the dripping water on their noses in their cage and they look at me like I'm nuts! Sometimes mine won't even drink in the bath. There is something that I noticed though with Dexter. When she is in the bath her mouth is relaxed and when I drip water on her nose even though she doesn't open her mouth or lick it off, I still notice her swallowing. So I think what is happening is that it's seeping into her mouth as it runs down. At least that's what I hope is happening, LOL!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He's looking great!! Good job on getting him back up in weight!! keep doing what your doing!!

Latest posts