• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What brought you to this reptile hobby/ obbsession

Marmoset

Hatchling Dragon
Is it a hobby or an obsession to you? For me it is an obsession. but so i don't influence the answers I'll anser the questions after we get some good replies going already.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Well i wudnt say either to b honest. I see our beardies as family. But u can say i am obsessed with them. I got 1 for my bday and sedbi wudnt have any more a few months dwn the line we got our 2nd. Now Diegos gettin bigger we gunna get him a new viv soon n im already thinkin of gettin another to put in the empty viv. They r on of them things u just cnt get enough of hehe :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree with Penny, they are more like an addition to the family.

I got the bug 3(?) years ago when someone gave me some tadpoles that I was able to get to hatch into frogs. The frogs ended up dying but I was hooked and went out and bought 2 whites tree frogs, which has now turned into 5. My boyfriend decided a year later that he wanted a reptile so we got 2 leopard geckos. He originally wanted a beardie but after reading about how fast they grew and how big of a tank they need he settled for the geckos. The geckos got sick and later passed away. We decided we would get a beardie next so after doing some research we found a deal on a tank and we got Dexter then a year later we got Luci!

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
I got a beardie because I wanted a pet and they have all the qualities I was looking for so I started with my reptar, and then came camber,then LuLu, then Quasimodo, then 22eggs......I guess you can say now an obsession and a very large family!

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I wanted one for years and finally got Razor. First time I took him out if the Petsmart box he ran up my arm and jumped on my chest, I was hooked. I started reading everything bearded dragon and decided I wanted everyone to share my joy and that I would breed them.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How can you say no to these lovely photos?

Attachments

• allie1.jpg
    allie1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Allie5.jpg
    Allie5.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 18
  • Allie9.jpg
    Allie9.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Allie10.jpg
    Allie10.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Allie12.jpg
    Allie12.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Allie16.jpg
    Allie16.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Allie27.jpg
    Allie27.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Allie36.jpg
    Allie36.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 19

lisa127

Hatchling Dragon
For me it's all....hobby, obsession, and they are members of the family. I am a lover of all reptiles not just beardies. My dad died seventeen years ago and just after he died I acquired a little female 3 toed box turtle. Then shortly after a very large male gulf coast box turtle. From there I was hooked and started keeping lizards and just a few snakes (don't keep snakes now). For the past 17 years I have had a dedicated reptile room for them to live in. I say it's a hobby because I get so much enjoyment from recreating the correct environment for my herps. I also say they are family members because I don't just see it as a hobby....I love my little guys.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Got my first reptile as a young boy - a ribbon snake named Sam.
Been hooked ever since. Like REALLY hooked. ;) :) :p

The big question is how did you get hooked on hedgehogs????

Latest posts