• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What are the benefits of using tile?

Twostrokeking

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got a bearded dragon from my best friends brother. Her name is Lily and she is 2 years old! She is doing great at my house and seems to love it here. She is healthy and apparently a rare breed! Anyways, she came with lizard sand that is edible but on here I see everyone using tile. Why is that? I need to know all there is to know please! Thank you! By the way she is in a 40 Gallon Breeder.

Pat B

Super Moderator
I use slate tile and I love it. Looks good, easy to clean up the poo, and my beardie has good traction. I have a 40 gal tank and bought 6x6 tile from Lowes....not expensive at all....about $20. If you are using calci-sand(?), I think that is what you call it, get rid of it. Only use children play sand that can be bought in a bag. Good luck with your 'new' beardie. This is a good forum to get answers to your questions and concerns....:cool: Post some pics if you can....tks

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Just remember with using children's washed play sand you will want to make sure to strain it yourself and remove any large pieces.

Pat B

Super Moderator
and I have been told that a sand substrate is dusty....tile isn't....:confused: With that being said....I like the look of sand. It looks like a natural habitat for the beardie. So when Spike is big, if the little boy ever grows, I will think about changing to sand....

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
A lot of people that I hear about that use tile use it because easy to clean up poo, less of a mess, don't have to worry about the dragon eating the loose partical or it getting in their food, don't have to worry about the small particals of loose substrate getting into the beardies eyes, and other reasons. It's about the same reasons why I use the non-adhesive shelf liner ;)

Latest posts