• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What are good feeder insects?

Shoulon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
For your little guy... he could easily mow through 1000 "eye" sized dubias in a week.
Been there. Times 3.
If you want an instant feed from colony, then you would want several thousands... yes thousands of the nymphs, as well as adult pairs to maintain that level of reproduction...
My suggestion ?
Continue to feed with the crix, however do get as large of a "mixed" colony as you can afford. Get the roaches all set up, and nip out a hand full every couple of days, so he gets the "taste". Let the majority reproduce, and grow to their maturity, and start the cycle over again... In around 3 months, 5 at most... you should have enough to keep "Pooper" well fed.
I actually started my first colony, the week my first two hatched.
I added around 300 correct sized nymphs the week before they arrived.

Hope that helps out !
Janie

You serious? He doesnt even touch near 500 crix in a week.... not even like 200. I feed him twice a day. No time for three a day.

Latest posts