• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

weird things you do for your beardie?

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
What are some of the weirdest things you find yourself doing for your beardie?

- sometimes I find myself putting one of my t-shirts under her hide for her to sleep on. (she does sleep on it.)
- I have, on more than one occasion, found myself talking to her as if she were a real person...
- If she's struggling to get a grip on something, I tend to stop whatever I'm doing to help her get up.
- I often spend hours talking about her with my parents, grandparents, and whatever poor soul I can trick into talking about her.
- I have a t-shirt that I wear specifically for chief, as it covers all of my chest and provides hiding space for her.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I have come home to find poo in the tank, and knowing that I want to be quick about getting it out, I begin by gathering supplies..taking her lid off..etc. Only after struggling for literally a full minute or two to roll up the huge bulk that are my sleeves, do I realize that I haven't taken off my hat, coat or scarf yet. Yes...her poo really is THAT important.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
x) chief tends to go to the bathroom at the same time every day, in the same spot. But i still drop everything to clean it up (note: excitedly clean it up.) I burned my lunch yesterday because of my need to clean it x.x You are not alone!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've actually gone through the poo to make sure that they are digesting their bugs! I am so obsessed with it that one day we were at the zoo and there was a lady with a table talking about animal poo and I had to stop to see what she had. We then had a whole conversation about frog and beardie poo, my boyfriend was so embarrassed!

Weird things I do? Dexter has sand as her substrate so I feed her crickets out of a bowl. Actually hold it up to her mouth so she can eat out of it! I always talk to them both and I sing (very badly) to them. I will also play the radio for them during the day when nobody is home, so they don't get lonely.

Something that is not weird to us but weird to other people... When I got to the store to buy greens and I get something odd like collards or dandelion, the clerk always excitedly asks me how I cook them! When I tell them I feed them to my bearded dragons they give me the strangest look!

Latest posts