• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird tail scales

Caronovalily

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I was hoping to get a little bit of help. My bearded dragons scales look really flat and they aren’t slightly sticking up at all and almost looks like that skin is like weighing them down. My son scratched his tail. He was trying to help him shed when he was having a difficult shed. Before I get comments on that I already spoke to my son about it he’s a he’s very much in love with his bearded dragon and thought he was helping him. We already discussed this is not to be done and you can’t do that, but it looks like the scales got hurt when he did that and when he shed it doesn’t seem that like that area shed. I have an appt with the vet but had to wait since we all have Covid. I have been soaking him and dead skin seems to come off when I do it. Here are pictures. Should I be concerned? What is going on? Is this just dead skin on the tail or what is happening?

Attachments

• A7DEF6C2-E79D-4549-A435-A72FAC71B305.jpeg
    A7DEF6C2-E79D-4549-A435-A72FAC71B305.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 7CBA2BB6-D305-469B-97A0-6B21BF15E19D.jpeg
    7CBA2BB6-D305-469B-97A0-6B21BF15E19D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 5E820CE4-A393-494B-89BD-AF16DFEE6F5B.jpeg
    5E820CE4-A393-494B-89BD-AF16DFEE6F5B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi I was hoping to get a little bit of help. My bearded dragons scales look really flat and they aren’t slightly sticking up at all and almost looks like that skin is like weighing them down. My son scratched his tail. He was trying to help him shed when he was having a difficult shed. Before I get comments on that I already spoke to my son about it he’s a he’s very much in love with his bearded dragon and thought he was helping him. We already discussed this is not to be done and you can’t do that, but it looks like the scales got hurt when he did that and when he shed it doesn’t seem that like that area shed. I have an appt with the vet but had to wait since we all have Covid. I have been soaking him and dead skin seems to come off when I do it. Here are pictures. Should I be concerned? What is going on? Is this just dead skin on the tail or what is happening?
Gonna have someone look at this for me see what they say

Caronovalily

Bearded Dragon Egg
Gonna have someone look at this for me see what they say
Thank you- I feel like I’ve only posted health concerns. Everything was fine until last month. It was so weird. I did apply neosporin when it happened and for a bit bc it was red underneath. ( yes without pain meds in it).

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you- I feel like I’ve only posted health concerns. Everything was fine until last month. It was so weird. I did apply neosporin when it happened and for a bit bc it was red underneath. ( yes without pain meds in it).
Here is what she said
I can't tell exactly what's going but any time there's some type of irritation or slight wound they can apply silver sulfadiazene cream, raw honey or neosporin.

Latest posts