• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird stuck shed/scale rot/scab looking thing?

M3RK0V3RK1LL

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know the title is vague and I’m sorry, but I honestly have no idea what this is. Ive had Sandy since she was a few weeks old (she’s 2 years old now) and have never had a problem, bar a year or so back when she didn’t eat for 2 weeks. Her beard scales are starting to develop a weird stuck shed looking thing, but I soaked her and don’t think its that. She’s my first reptile but I’ve taken really good care of her. Here are the pics, if you think you know what it is please let me know. Thank you!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Again if you have any idea, please let me know!
(Below is her just normally)
image.jpg

Jglaze

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know the title is vague and I’m sorry, but I honestly have no idea what this is. Ive had Sandy since she was a few weeks old (she’s 2 years old now) and have never had a problem, bar a year or so back when she didn’t eat for 2 weeks. Her beard scales are starting to develop a weird stuck shed looking thing, but I soaked her and don’t think its that. She’s my first reptile but I’ve taken really good care of her. Here are the pics, if you think you know what it is please let me know. Thank you!

View attachment 21943
View attachment 21946
View attachment 21944
View attachment 21945
Did you ever figure out what it is? My beardie is having the same issue in the same spot

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

View attachment 21943
View attachment 21946
View attachment 21944
View attachment 21945
I consulted a more experienced person w/ this and this is what she has said

It doesn't look serious but you can dab it with watered down betadine and full strength Neosporin or silver sulfadiazene cream. As always, if anything starts looking worse , gets irritated or inflamed you can always have a vet check it.

Latest posts