• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird poop and not eating

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
Hello, my bearded dragon is 8 months old. Recently, he has not been eating as many bugs as usual, but I assumed it was because he's getting older and is starting to eat more greens. However, today, he pooped only the white urate and as you can see, the paper towel is soaked. What does this mean? Should I wait and see how he's feeling and if it happens again? He has been drinking more water since I wash his BSFL before giving it to him now. He is on a diet of dubia roaches, bsfl, and crickets that are dusted once daily with calcium or reptivite and his uvb is a reptisun t5 with a 10.0 bulb

Attachments

• 20220212_210927.jpg
    20220212_210927.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 5

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
Hello, my bearded dragon is 8 months old. Recently, he has not been eating as many bugs as usual, but I assumed it was because he's getting older and is starting to eat more greens. However, today, he pooped only the white urate and as you can see, the paper towel is soaked. What does this mean? Should I wait and see how he's feeling and if it happens again? He has been drinking more water since I wash his BSFL before giving it to him now. He is on a diet of dubia roaches, bsfl, and crickets that are dusted once daily with calcium or reptivite and his uvb is a reptisun t5 with a 10.0 bulb
He also has had a normal poop already today

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He also has had a normal poop already today
If hes slowing down on his bugs thats good and eating his vegies thats really good - the extra water in the paper towel means hes good and hydrated - normal poop meaning there was actual poo and not just urate?

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
If hes slowing down on his bugs thats good and eating his vegies thats really good - the extra water in the paper towel means hes good and hydrated - normal poop meaning there was actual poo and not just urate?
Yes he had a normal poop and then later had just urate. He's still been glass surfing a lot so I'm not sure what that's about

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes he had a normal poop and then later had just urate. He's still been glass surfing a lot so I'm not sure what that's about
What size is the tank? Too small of a tank will cause this- temps in the tank too hot how are you taking basking temps? Uvb what are you using? Coil long tube fixture--? Any colored bulbs?

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
What size is the tank? Too small of a tank will cause this- temps in the tank too hot how are you taking basking temps? Uvb what are you using? Coil long tube fixture--? Any colored bulbs?
He has a 40 gallon tank currently and I am looking to upgrade. I take his basking temps with a probe and a scanner, the temps are usually 100-105, and on the cool side it's usually 80. His uvb is a reptisun t5 10.0 uvb tube

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He has a 40 gallon tank currently and I am looking to upgrade. I take his basking temps with a probe and a scanner, the temps are usually 100-105, and on the cool side it's usually 80. His uvb is a reptisun t5 10.0 uvb tube
Where is the T 5? Top of screen? Inside the tank? Top of screen the screen needs to be a wide hole type - if its a fine mesh the screen will block 30% of those rays approx - and needs to go inside the tank --- the distance will determine the screen --

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
Where is the T 5? Top of screen? Inside the tank? Top of screen the screen needs to be a wide hole type - if its a fine mesh the screen will block 30% of those rays approx - and needs to go inside the tank --- the distance will determine the screen --
Yes it is wide screen mesh he hasn't had any problems so far with the uvb

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes it is wide screen mesh he hasn't had any problems so far with the uvb
Ok so to make sure he doesnt please get a piece of decor directly under it approx 8-10 inches -- I am gonna say hes wanting out w/ the glass surfing - could be hormones kicking up too -- get him out for a couple of hours then see what he does when you put him back in his tank -- and maybe look at upgrading his tank here soon too --

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so to make sure he doesnt please get a piece of decor directly under it approx 8-10 inches -- I am gonna say hes wanting out w/ the glass surfing - could be hormones kicking up too -- get him out for a couple of hours then see what he does when you put him back in his tank -- and maybe look at upgrading his tank here soon too --
He is 12 inches from the uvb on his basking spot is that okay? That's what it said on the box for the uvb as the minimum distance

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is 12 inches from the uvb on his basking spot is that okay? That's what it said on the box for the uvb as the minimum distance
Id get it a little closer for top of screen 8-10 -- inside the tank or unobstructed 12 would be good-- being the screen is there I would shoot for at least 10

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
Id get it a little closer for top of screen 8-10 -- inside the tank or unobstructed 12 would be good-- being the screen is there I would shoot for at least 10
Got it, I'll move his hammock there. Thank you!

Latest posts