• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

JustADude

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just purchased my little man "belly dragger" a few months ago now. I was given a great deal at a shop.. 300$ for 2 bearded dragons both with impressive morphs. I just had to buy them. The other is my female leather back that I also have posted on my account.
20230319_181909.jpg

It might be tough to see has he just ate but on the right side of the image above. Its protruding out.
20230319_181145.jpg

Anyway I noticed a very strange shape to his left side a few days after I got him and more than not it looks way worse than that. Even though he seems really healthy and eats like a monster. I am just a bit concerned long term or even if this could potentially be genetically involved as I have plans for him in the future.

I've owned bearded dragons now for 10 years even from little babies and I've never seen this before. I'm thinking maybe he was lacking calcium in his diet prior to me getting him.

When I first got him
Screenshot_20230319_182221_Gallery.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just purchased my little man "belly dragger" a few months ago now. I was given a great deal at a shop.. 300$ for 2 bearded dragons both with impressive morphs. I just had to buy them. The other is my female leather back that I also have posted on my account.
View attachment 33596
It might be tough to see has he just ate but on the right side of the image above. Its protruding out.
View attachment 33595

Anyway I noticed a very strange shape to his left side a few days after I got him and more than not it looks way worse than that. Even though he seems really healthy and eats like a monster. I am just a bit concerned long term or even if this could potentially be genetically involved as I have plans for him in the future.

I've owned bearded dragons now for 10 years even from little babies and I've never seen this before. I'm thinking maybe he was lacking calcium in his diet prior to me getting him.

When I first got him
View attachment 33597
Not seeing the leatherback -- the one your above the rock is that the one w/ the weird body shape?

JustADude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not seeing the leatherback -- the one your above the rock is that the one w/ the weird body shape?
I was referencing the post I made in regards to breeding. Which you wrote under less than minutes ago. She is the reddish one. All the pictures above are the same dragon which is not the dragon below.
Screenshot_20230319_183219_Gallery.jpg

Latest posts