• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

weird behavior

sublyme

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My beardie acts very strange. Let me know if yours exhibits this behavior as well.

Every morning my beardie wakes up and goes directly to the hot end of his cage and blows up his beard for about 5 minutes. He seems to reside in rather cold areas unless the sun is shining through out the house, in which case he will go and stand at the sliding glass door. He has to feel like he is hidden or else he will scamper off the couch to go and find the coldest area of my house. ( underneath my computer stand or behind the TV ) He refuses to go to the restroom in his cage unless he is given no other alternative, instead he will wait for his bath. He has not used the restroom in his cage in about 3 or 4 months. Since he has discovered super worms, he will not even so much as bat an eyelash at a cricket. He has a tendency to jump.. alot. If I put him in the bathtub, he will either hang out in one area; meaning he does not have to use the restroom. If he has to go, he will swim. He is a very good swimmer, and intentionally puts his head underwater and swims to the other end. He will continue to swim around the entire tub until he is exhausted. ( yes the water is at shoulder length) After a bath is about the only time I can get him to eat any kind of fruit or veggies.

is this weird behavior?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sounds like normal dragon behavior to me. Princess gets up every morning, runs to the hot side and pancakes herself and puffs her beard out. Yoyo always tries to hide in cool dark spots when he's out and about. He also won't eat crix anymore since giving him roaches and supers. The not pooing in the cage thing, consider yourself lucky lol less poo to clean up out of the viv. That's great that he likes to swim. Princess loves to swim as well altho she doesn't dive under.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nah, perfectly normal behavior. Bernie only pooped in his bath after her turned a year old. It used to bother me, then I realized it was fine and kept the feces out of the viv! Flush the bath water down the toilet! And viola! You are done.

Latest posts