• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Week end trip

ewood810

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey every one, I just got a new one (Gidget) and I just found out that I have to go away Friday night and I will be back late Saturday or early Sunday. Now Gidget is very young and I know that he should be fed through out the day and I am a little worried about what I should do. My mother in law said she could throw him a few crickets but my question is if I got him good and full on Friday during the day would he be good till i got back or should I chance it with my mother in law? I know my adult dragon will be fine but I am worried about my little guy. Any advise will be appreciated.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Let the mother in law feed him. This close to his relocation, you don't want something like this to throw his eating habit off tract. he's having a hard enough time adjusting.

If she has a problem with crix, you can place what he should have for a meal in a glad disposable bowl with a couple small nail sized air holes. All she has to do is sit the bowl in his cage and take the lid off. 3 bowls and you're good.

ewood810

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ahhhh good idea. Ill do that. This way he will be well fed. HE seems to be doing really good I mean he is very active and what not. But thanks for the idea ill do it that way.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad he's doing so well. Have a good time on your trip!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, I agree and it looks like Ladyknight gave you excellent tips. At that young of an age, they can't go that long without food. When he is older, an overnight wouldn't be a big deal.

ewood810

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok i went to the pet store and got 4 bags with 6 crickets in each so that way tomorrow he can be fed through out the day. He is doing go though. He is very alert but surprisingly friendly. Starting to shed so while your holding him he is constantly rubbing in you clothes and skin. I have to research what his bath schedule should be. I have a shallow bowl in his viv but I know that he is supposed to get frequent baths. Or is he to young for them. He is only about 3" from nose to tail.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Crix will chew out of the bags...
bathing daily for 2o minutes, water baby warm, and no deeper than his/her shoulders.
use a wash cloth for traction, and Always.. totally supervise those bathes.
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with Janie - babies should get daily baths for 20 minutes. Fill the water to his shoulders and let him soak. He may not like it at first, but keep it up. Most dragons learn to love their baths. The water temp should be around 95F.

ewood810

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I gave Gidget his first bath and he loves it. Swiming around and splashing. He even kind of put up a fight when it was time to get out :).

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is awesome! Glad he liked his little swim around the pool!

srabeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
FYI I found a really good light timer at Walmart for $13.00 with two settings. Our lights are turned on/off without us ;D Thought you would appreciate this for weekend trips.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ewood810 said:
I gave Gidget his first bath and he loves it. Swiming around and splashing. He even kind of put up a fight when it was time to get out :).

Your so lucky...I have been trying to get my little one used to the bath for a couple of months now and he still fights going in and tries to jump out the whole time.

Latest posts