• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Website for Enclosures?

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone! I was wondering if any of you knew of any websites that you could order a 40 gallon terrarium from and get it delivered to your house, because I have no boyfriend or male friends to help me buy one at lets say PetSmart and bring it into my apartment for me and it would be to heavy for me to carry myself. I have looked at different websites online, but cannot find one that will deliver. Also if it could be in a reasonable price range that would be good...nothing fancy or anything. Thanks so much!!:)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Most of.the suppliers online.deliver via UPS or USPS and will deliver to your door...as far as having it brought into your apartment for.you I have a couple of ideas.
1- when you order your tank stipulate that you want a signature required for delivery. That way you will be there to sign for it when it comes and perhaps if you ask nicely the person delivering will set it inside for you.

2- have your tank delivered to your apartment office and talk with your apartment manager to see if they or the apartment maintenance person can help you put it in your place.

A 40 gallon breeder tank which is recommended for beardies is truly not that heavy or cumbersome and one person can usually handle one by themselves..my wife is a lil gal and has no probs moving or carrying one.
You said that you had no boyfriend or male to help you..I can guarantee you dont have to have a male to help you and if you have a female friend you and she will certainly be able.to carry a 40 gallon breeder tank easily even up several flight.
As far a specific online sites go their are truly hundreds of good suppliers..I would recommend that you just choose one that has excellent customer reviews. That is the first section I stop and check out when looking at new suppliers.
Hope this helps...Good luck and enjoy your week!

"That's just my opinion..I could be wrong...I was ONCE." Comedian/Social Commentarian Dennis Miller ;)

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Oh those are some great ideas!!!! Thanks!!! And I was under the impression that a 4o gallon tank would be really heavy because the guy at the pet store told me I wouldn't be able to carry it...I should never listen to men! LOL JUST KIDDING!!!!!:D I can't seem to find any websites that sell terrariums....Do you have any website suggestions? If not I think I am just going to go back to the Pet Store and have them put it in the car for me and then ill just drag it into my apartment if I can't carry it because I live on the first floor. That is probably not recommended lol but I don't see what other option I have.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If I was you the first place I.would check would.be the local Craigslist listings for a 40 gal breeder tank as you can a lot of times find really cheap deals on used tanks. Unfortunately a lot of folks jump into the reptile world without doing their research beforehand and spend a ton of money upfront only to realize quickly that its more commitment than they really care to put into caring for a reptile and they get rid of everything at greatly discounted prices. Here where we live Craigslist is also the place that the majority of reptile folks advertise and trade/sale there creatures and supplies. If you dont see a 40 gallon breeder available might try looking at the reptile ads...its usually easy to tell the folks that are serious reptile breeders and it may be worth a call to a few of them to see if they have any extras they may be willing to part with or give you a lead on.one. We have mulitiple.reptiles in.our family and always have a few extras of everything available just incase..lol..tends to be a thing most folks that stay into reptiles do.
They can also get you in touch with other folks that share the love of these creatures...and just because you only have a bearded dragon dont be shy about talking to for instance a snake keeper...you never know what extra tanks someone may have on hand that they would be willing to.part with for cheap.
If that doesnt work then any pet supply place that sells tanks should be able to get you a 40 gallon breeder tank...for.instance Zilla brand although I.dont like.a lot of there other products and wont buy but they.do offer Critter Cages and they have a 36x 18 x 17 one and 48 x 24 x 18 tank that comes with a locking screen top...I would highly recommend you buy the larger of the two as it can be a permenant house for.your beardie. If your store sells Zilla but doesnt have the large one ask them to order it and I.am.sure they can. Also I dont really recommend buying the Bearded Dragon Kits they sell because most of the stuff that comes with it is inadequate and you will end up buying the right stuff after anyway so just buy the tank if you go that route. The only thing Zilla I.dont mind buying is the tanks and perhaps the domes for the lights...I.wont use their stuff for anything else tho.
Hope that helps and have a great day!

"That's just my opinion..I could be wrong...I was ONCE." Comedian/Social Commentarian Dennis Miller ;)

Latest posts