• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

We are adopting a Frilled Dragon...

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I wasn't sure where to put this... hope this is the right spot!

We recently adopted a 2 year old Beardie ('Sal') and had been considering getting a Frilled Dragon as well, but were unable to find one. We had looked online for breeders and couldn't find any who had them available, so we figured it would be something we'd do down the road. Then, when we went to get Sal his dubia roaches from the local reptile shop/rescue, we noticed that they had an adult Frilled Dragon for sale. We asked about him, his age and how he came to be there since he is an adult and they usually have juveniles of the reptiles they sell, and were told that he's been there 3 years! The story goes that he was found in an apartment along with his deceased owner, and was given to them. They say he has a great personality, very social and sweet... they even take him to children's birthday parties! He is that tame. Anyway, we said how we'd been thinking of getting one and I had really wanted an adult because babies require so much care and I would probably worry myself sick! That's part of the reason we adopted an adult Beardie... the babies are so tiny and vulnerable. I wasn't ready for a baby reptile yet ~ they said that he should live another 10 years or so and that they'd miss him but that they'd be really glad to see him go to a good home after all this time. So, I spent the day looking for enclosures for him (one that goes upwards that he can climb in) and I think we found a really great one for pretty cheap. It's 4' H x 2' D x 4' W. We will likely be building him his own down the road, (or getting one from http://www.cagesbydesign.com - I am IN LOVE with some of their enclosures!) but this will do for now and is actually about twice the size of the one he's currently being housed in. He's going to be going in the library, (a separate room from our Beardie so neither one gets bent out of shape or stressed).

We are picking him up on the 21st - this gives us time to buy everything he needs and get his set up going so it will be ready when we bring him home. We're very excited ;D Even though he'd been there 3 years, they never named him... we have decided to name him 'Crowley'.

crowley1.png

crowley2.png

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
awesome! they are 1 of my fav lizards! if price isnt an option for you the cages by design has amazing cages but if you arent able to spend a couple thousand on an enclosure (cages by design is VERY expensive) then building one is just fine

woo woo another frillie owner! rock on!

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardielover17 said:
awesome! they are 1 of my fav lizards! if price isnt an option for you the cages by design has amazing cages but if you arent able to spend a couple thousand on an enclosure (cages by design is VERY expensive) then building one is just fine

woo woo another frillie owner! rock on!

Awesome! So you're the one I'll come to with all my questions, right? ;D

We were going to buy an enclosure but now we're thinking of building him a universal cage (http://www.reptileranger.com/universalcage.htm) that is 6' H x 3' D x 6' W. It will end up being the same price for materials as we were going to spend on the other cage anyway, and this design seems easier to work with. Eventually, I will probably buy one from Cages by Design - but for now we can make this one and make it nice enough for us to look at and him to enjoy!

I'm so glad there's another Frillie owner on here! I knew there probably would be 8)

We will definitely post more pictures when we're done and he comes home!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lexi said:
Awesome! So you're the one I'll come to with all my questions, right? ;D

We were going to buy an enclosure but now we're thinking of building him a universal cage (http://www.reptileranger.com/universalcage.htm) that is 6' H x 3' D x 6' W. It will end up being the same price for materials as we were going to spend on the other cage anyway, and this design seems easier to work with. Eventually, I will probably buy one from Cages by Design - but for now we can make this one and make it nice enough for us to look at and him to enjoy!

I'm so glad there's another Frillie owner on here! I knew there probably would be 8)

We will definitely post more pictures when we're done and he comes home!
of course you can come to me! the cage dimensions are great! i know he will be happy in your care =]

if u need a caresheet on them i have one i can send you

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardielover17 said:
if u need a caresheet on them i have one i can send you

That would be awesome, actually! Thank you!! ;D

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Congratulations on your new frilled dragon...I have to admit they are my 2nd favorite thanks to seeing all the pics and stories on Frank !

Latest posts