• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Waving

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
does anyone else's BD wave as a sign of submission to things they aren't used to? i bathed my dragon in a different tub to the one i normally used the other day and she kept waving as i was holding her in my hand! she also waved at a grape once :L i don't think she understood the sour taste!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
LOL so cute! I never noticed what my dragons were arm waving at, and my older ones are out of that stage now.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
They are very curious creatures and everything intrigues them :D haha, they must have really good eyesight to be able to identify objects at long distances. My BD can spot a super worm wriggling a mile away! i wonder if they can see in colour??

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
For some reason when my bearded dragon is basking he arm waves. I dont know to what. Maybe the wood he's laying on. I have no idea but it's kinda cute lol

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I just put a platform in with the babies and they immediately started arm waving after finally climbing up on it. Scaredy dragons!

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
For some reason when my bearded dragon is basking he arm waves. I dont know to what. Maybe the wood he's laying on. I have no idea but it's kinda cute lol

my dragon used to do that before she shed her front legs! i think she was trying to stretch the skin. She would do it in the morning as she was heating up after her daily beard stretching ritual :p

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
He does it even when he's not shedding lol maybe he's just stretching :) he's about to shed and I'm excited to see his beautiful color. This is the second time he's she'd since I've got him.

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my BD tends to wave one of his back legs (normal?) he gets a bath or after some play time and I put him back in his viv

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
I've never seen my beardie wave his back legs. I couldn't tell you if it was normal or not. :( mine does both his arms

Diane

Bearded Dragon Egg
I read somewhere that when the BD waves it's arm at you, it's a sign of submission. Don't know if it's true or not but mine used to do it when we first had it.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I love seeing beardies wave. A lot of other lizards do it too. Some do it so fast it's funny lookin

Latest posts