• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water

Chad and Grayson

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, I've had my beardy, Captain, for about a month. I live in Colorado so it's a pretty arid climate already. At first I had one of those larger yet shallow water dishes with a ramp going into it. If Captain was chasing crickets he would occasionally run through the dish as if it wasn't there. But I never saw him drink from it. So about a week ago I just took it out. No water dish now.

I give him Fluker's Dragon Diet which are moist pellets and I put them in a small puddle of water in his small dish every morning. He eats 5 to 10 of those. Then when I get home around 5:00 he gets gut loaded crickets or super worms or both. On weekends I take the time to cut up various veggies from the fridge and I put those in a small puddle of water as well.

He seems fine so far. How would I know if he's not getting enough water? I don't think it's any different than when I gave him fresh water as I highly highly doubt that he ever drank from it anyway.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It's pretty rare for beardies to drink from standing water. I offer water to my dragons via an eye dropper and let them drink as much as they want every other day. Sometimes they drink, other times they look at me like I'm an alien.

I've always avoided the processed foods for them. They're not much better than junk food for people. I offer greens daily and insects depending on age. My baby and my 6 month old get insects (dubia roaches) daily, and my adult gal gets insects 2 to 3 times a week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
veggies in water is good. keeps the veggies hydrated and provides a bit more water to the kid. every once in a while my kids will drink from their bath water. I generally let them soak once a week. note: soaking DOES NOT provide hydration - hydration comes through the mouth via food or drinking. A warm bath can stimulate defecation. Sometimes my boy will put his head under the water and swim around like a fish. cracks me up! sometimes my girl will just "inflate" and soak. they are desert animals. if his eyes are sunken and his "skin" doesn't fall back into place relatively quickly when pinched - he may be dehydrated.

Chad and Grayson

Bearded Dragon Egg
I watched Captain drink for the first time! I put a bigger puddle of water in with his veggies this morning. After a couple of bites he actually started lapping the water up. So cool. I guess I'll give him veggies like that from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts